Wednesday, January 21, 2015

predecessor

I was reading some of my old posts, when I happen to chance upon a post which was just after the break up with Adeline. The title was " I chose Life". Curious about it, I clicked the link and viola it brought me back to 2 years ago. Where my time was bleak and depressing.

You know. One thing about blogs is that it allows our past selves to communicate with our current self. After reading the post, I was slightly inspired and in a way, allows me to carry on believing and living just for a little bit.

The art of keeping Journals, I believe ..is like this blog. Far too many people dont keep any records or some sort these days. With technology all around us, these small things in life slowly but surely disappear. And thats why maybe I decide to write Christmas cards to people every year. To those that I had neglected, those that had touch my life one way or another, those that I used to love and those that I am grateful for accepting me as a friend and listen to me through out the years. And its really sometimes when one really sit down and write, can one feels how close you are to that person, writing slows your train of thought. Forcing you to write after you think and not like many a times, say things without thinking at all.

I like to liken a Journal as a Pensieve from Harry Potter. There are so many things that happens to everyone's life and thought we have an awesome apparatus called a brain. We can't pulled out any memory that we want at will, its somewhere deep down but we can't find it. Hence, a journal will be a good thing to know that events happen in once life.

For all we know, your past self maybe actually helping you in the future. A ghost. 

No comments: