Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dreamz...

Recently, there has been a mini social experiment done up by straits times on this. It all started on an article about a freelance photographer who decides to take random pictures of people holding a whiteboard with their dream written on it. And then there were the recent article about the 5Cs( if you dun knw about this, do attend the 'naturalization' programme for new PRs)...lolz...

And ytd, there is this article showcasing 6 people from 6 countries, and was asked what their dreams was. And obviously, it ranges from different global locations. Now, what I will be going on here, ain't much what is your dream, u may very well want to be the next jay chou though you can't sing for god's sake.  But more importantly, Do you have a dream? Do you want to achieve your dream?

There are some friends that I know, when I asked them, so what is your dream? you gotta have something to work towards right?..then they will start thinking and thinking...and they said " Hmm..Eugene, I have no idea..just study and grab a degree and we shall see how from there"...

"We shall see how from there...", a common phrase being used, I also always use it..especially when I don't want to think about a particular thing at the moment or I have just plain given up..and let the river carry me to whatever end it has for me. I feel that if dreams are to you something short term and you cant really think of anything, then maybe think a bit longer term, like what you want to do next time?..

Or some people says that they always have different dreams which is constantly changing...well its true, but at the very least you have something to chase after. There are also some who are still constantly searching, still asking themselves what they want...To me, the worse possible thing would be to LIVE SOMEONE'S ELSE DREAM. In this case, you are not doing yourself any justice, and if you are not happy doing something, its definitely ain't a dream at all.

I just want to achieve financial freedom then I can pursue the things I want to pursue...I don't have to be a millionaire, just to earn enough passive income to cover my expenses...But thats not my true dream, I want to travel around the world, see the plains, feel the breeze in different locations, to see people's way of life in other places, to see the Northern Lights...So financial freedom is just a means to get to my main dream(which is subjected to change as usual=P)

No comments: