Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Singtel Singapore F1 Grand Prix

It had been an awesome weekend at the Singtel Singapore Grand Prix, maybe its the same thing that I had been through last year, so this time not so..hmm...as refreshing as last year? But nonetheless, its still enjoyable and adrenaline pumping with crushes to alguesari and schumacher this year, and as not surprisingly, vettel won. I am not sure, whether I will still be joining next year because I dont want to kenna the Observer post, as there is a lot of stress on observers. Hopefully, can still maintain my post as flag or track marshals. This year, we are also lucky to have a korean, and naturally, I communicate more with him but in english of course and not korean( still damn cui can)...haha. However, his english also rather limited but still able to hold conversations well enough.

One thing that strike me was that he was always commenting how well organised our planning is for F1 as well as that our city skyline is awesome, especially at night. The first few words that he said to me was how beautiful our country is. Being the skeptical singaporean, I thought its just probably lip service. However, the next few days as I spoke more to him, he was really quite in awe of our country. Maybe because he didnt have the chance to travel much. But, hearing abt how the koreans organise their grand prix, it seems that we are rather good. I told him, our procedures and stuff mainly comes from the SAF, as there are really quite a couple of stuffs that we do are similar to SAF procedures and methodology.

These are some of the few moments where I really felt really proud of being a Singaporean. I am really thankful for some of the policies that LKY and his team had implemented though its really stiffling at times, but I am sure without them, we won't be able to be where we are. And sadly, some of us forgets that. Oks this won't be abt politics and the gov. haha

Anws, will post the photos up once I collate them from my other sector mates. Oh and again this year concert with linkin park, was really AWESOME!!!!

No comments: