Thursday, January 12, 2012

Some things never changed

We may have changed, met various people, got involved in different situations be it physically n mentally, but for some reason, I guess when we are in each others' company, the common ground/trust/faith we have in each other is still as strong as when we started. Even though the logical mind of me tries to over-rule what my instincts say otherwise,  unknowingly my instincts still took centre stage. Well like the age old adage, that I always like.  "Always thrash things out, don't wait till it foster and rot."

When we were recollecting about how we first started out, my thought was after O levels results and I expected her to say over msn, but was rather surprised that she also said the same thing. Well, I guess some things really don't change bah..lol. And when she said or rather made certain promises, looking at her eyes, I can see the affirmation that she has, and for that, I think I have to honor my side of the deal also.

Usually when I talked, I don't tend to look at people in the eyes, for some reason I guess its my brain way of shifting brain power to ponder more about the subjects brought up or the crap/joke that I am going to conjure. But, if I want to affirm something, I would look at someone in the eyes, because eyes expression says everything and its near difficult to fake. And seriously speaking, if I didn't get the security or affirmation that I had envisaged, I guess I would have taken another route that I had already mapped out. One may asked, how could I be certain that I haven't already step on that route already. Well, the answer is simple. If I were to start on that route, I wouldn't have blogged about this in such vivid and obvious details, cuz I know YOU will be reading this. That person will understand.=)

On a bright note, at least I managed to get off to a good start to this year in terms of this friendship...haha. Its very easy to think about how amazing/magical/surreal we have achieved with each other, that its really easy to think that " aiyah the other party will understand" or " the other party should know me well", that we kinda forget that there is nothing magical or cool about it. Its actually takes a lot of effort, especially when both are changing and circumstances are different that we had to take the effort to try to adjust to each others' needs and insecurities(oks.... only me), as well as managing our inner complexities etc etc, ...n ultimately the belief that we have in each other that kept us together.

Maybe instead of being in sync, its actually and had always been, is whether I had enabled the sync-ing process a not. If one has an android phone, u would understand this...erm provided u knw hw ur phone works that is...HAHA. Gosh, I always amazed myself with my anecdotes.=P

No comments: