Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Ever ICT

The past week I was back in camp for my very first reservist training. Wont really go too deep into the details here, just in case, I got too excited and say things that are by right confidential. But, overall, I would say it was a good break in my life though technically, I am already supposed to be in a break. Haha. We spent most of the week in camp whereas by right for low-key we should be stay out. We complained and whine as usual...lolz..but was happy that 14 out of our 20 platoon guys are back. And I am close to all of them, so it was really nice. And like what James said, it seems that we never really ORD back at 2008. The place, the food the environment are still the same. We still sleep late and chat and joked with each other till late. Army being army,there are a lot of waiting time, so we did chat about quite a couple of things. Pranked benny and samuel as per usual, we ate at canteen...Being NSmen, really is kinda different, dont have to march around, can go where and when we like. But of course, being more "responsible" now, we will still inform our commanders where we go. I don't even call the specs Sargent anymore, call them by their names only. Lucky for us, we got back our specs as whom have been with us for a significant amount of  time, so its really been a big reunion for us. I didn't managed to get back my team comdr, but the rest are quite good as well. So, I am not complaining.

During our drills and trainings, we still help each other about, take jabs at each other, and the few who are always targeted by us bullies. Really, its great to be back in those times again, of course, we still dont know what will happen when we got married or when we start having working commitments, but for the present or least the next 2 years, I think we will still be able to meet up regularly.Interestingly, benny is also taking CFA, so another person to study with. I know a lot of people actually don't really like ICT, of course, there is the problem of work and other commitments etc, but if taking out these considerations, I do know some still dont like going back to army. For me, I kinda look forward to it ,though not for the trainings that is..haha

Anws,below is my friend's blog which I feel kinda summed up actually how I feel.
http://seelahtalksomuch.tumblr.com/post/27121397774/being-different

No comments: