Thursday, March 19, 2015

Softies

https://berthahenson.wordpress.com

Just read this article during a short 5 min break at work today. Processing trades is a rather thankless and mind strapping stuff.

So, to address the big elephant in the room, Mr Lee Kuan Yew is in ICU, fighting for whatever life he has now. But, I am sure that death won't ever have an easy time in calling him over. For all we know, when he leaves, he will go over and own the netherworld. Such is his tenacity and stubbornness.

I shared an article by Bertha Henson, a former editor at the Straits Times. It's sort of a way of a tribute for this great man, the leader of our founding fathers. We all know that death will soon claim this man, this man who no doubt command respect from both supporters and detractors alike.

The Internet is filled with Mr Lee's tributes and articles, such is the situation now. While reading this article, I like a quote written by Bertha but nonetheless from her father.

" But the people had bright eyes. Sharp eyes. They weren’t beaten down or down cast."

Bright and Sharp eyes. I don't see that in a lot of people around me. Even I feel that I don't have that in me. We talk a lot of quarter life crisis, of our ideals, of the government(in a negative way), Mid life crisis and the way of life in singapore.

Maybe we have really become a soft generation.

At the same time, Bertha paid her tributes to Mr Lee, and as I look around in the food court. My female colleagues, as was their wont, do not like the place due to a smell. Without that guy, I don't think we will have such a place and air con and food. We could be squeezing in some small shop house or eat around a tree with potential insects as an add on.

Alright. Time to toughen up.

No comments: