Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thoughts on coming back.

Well then backed from taiwan...haha. Missed the time of walking around and taking photos without having to be bothered by the realities of life and the strangling tentacles of a 8 to 5 job. One thing that I definitely take back its that my mandarin really sucks. lolz...cant really hold a proper conversation over there. Read some menus also cui ttm...lolz. There is really one period of 60 minutes that I really like during the entire trip. Was when my mum and sis went to have a hair cut and my dad went to have a foot reflexology. I just wandered along the couple of streets on my own, to the back alleys and walk along the couple of streets and buy 50岚 bubble tea which is actly KOI in taiwan. Took a few photos with my android phone, no DSLR wad..haha...then went to the mrt station and sit and just people watch while waiting for my family to finish.

I think its really cool to be able to do such stuffs in a foreign land. Also, majority of the transport that I took were buses and mrts, so its pretty much on the ground. Its really different from the last time I been to taipei, cuz we were just shopping ard and not so much about moving and looking around. We went to jiu fen by train and boy its really awesome, I mean its really a train you know, with rails and all. I took many shots of stations along the way and really reminds me a lot of Japan for some reason.

Went to kao shiung and cycle most of the time, cycling while exploring the city. Its also another kind of experience lor. Very different from those kinds of bus tours and packages. From tours to F&E to back packer exp, I think back packers is really truly interesting notion. If can gather a small number of friends and just trudge through a foreign land, I think its pretty awesome and of course, one must get use to the language as well lah. I dont think I dare to roam ard in a land with a language that I cant even speak or listen.

The few times when with charmaine and walking around, I think its kinda fun, just walking around and taking the mrt and buses. Although mostly its maine that is leading the way, but I feel rather...hmm...close to the ground one might say. I feel that maybe one great thing about travelling is that because one is so preoccupied with the surroundings around himself and the various cultures and mannerisms of the place, so much so that you kinda kick away the restrains of the previous life routines that you once had. And learnt to embrace the current one that one is in.

No comments: