Saturday, July 06, 2013

"Food for Thought" thoughts

Today, after spending time with the army guys at Playnation, GK and me went to just roam around. As GK has a movie date at 9.15pm, so we hanged out at Coffee Bean. GK asked me, what does it feels like to be in love? He told me that he had already forgotten about it, I replied saying that it must be like when your first love is? As I heard that the first love is really the most pure. And for that I strongly concur,at the point of time, the amount of things and trials I am willing to go through, to change...and at the end of the underlying reason, was just purely because of love. As time goes on, as one goes through different people, as one had relationships, things changed. It will no longer be purely about love. Realities will be a factor, time will be a factor and at the end of it, love will never be as pure as before. Just like when a kid grows up, he is never as pure and innocent when he was young.

Sometimes I do question myself whether everything I did for Adeline, was it for love or was it because I felt obliged to or was it because of my fears. It was never as simple as Samantha. It will be definitely be nice if one day, I can say that I do things for someone simply because I love her. I think personally, love is something that has to be a 2 way thing. If you love someone, but the other don't show some or any reciprocation, then I believe its just liking someone. Its pretty normal for any human being to want to feel loved, whether in a small way or not. So, if there is no reciprocation, then how do you love someone? Sometimes all it takes is just one small action, and then one can love that person a long time. But, ultimately, its a 2 way thing. I think dramas show that unrequited love is possible, yeah, its possible but I think deep down the person who gives it, will end up in self torture and regrets at the end. TV shows glamorises unrequited love, when the female lead rejects the poor handsome male lead, and then the masses will sympathise with him. In reality, outsiders will sympathise with you but like the female lead, the person you like will still be unable to be with you. Over time, it will be more painful.


No comments: