Thursday, July 04, 2013

ICT 2013

And so end unofficially my ICT for the year 2013. It also marks that half a year has already passed. Before I dwell on the half year mark. This post will be about ICT.

This year ICT is another low key affair. So, its pretty chill...in fact its super chill compared to last year si bei hectic schedule. Over 4 days, and in actual fact its only 3 days with Friday being a movie day. So, sponsored fully by SAF, how cool is that?..haha. We did really minimum training, with standard equipment training as well as body conditioning to the masks and our personal equipment. Of course, we aren't like our active days already, but still put in a decent performance I think. However, can see the overall company fitness level really drop like siao. Previously, the younger platoons are like quite fit because they ORD later than us. After one year passed, a lot of them cui liao....like really cui...I pushed myself hard during my IPPT and was amazed to see myself out running most of them, even my commanders. Though eventually I still failed, but I know that a pass is not impossible. Just need to put in additional effort.

In addition, the slower pace of life also gave me quite a breather in life. I finally got a chance to ponder, to walk slower and do day-to-day things without a rush. Ever since I gotten my BNP job and my break up with Adeline, I had never truly really have the time and place to just really chill and let myself come through.

It was awesome just spending time with the army bunk guys. People don't really change much at all. Even after 5 years, when we all come together, we still exude the same traits that define each of us. We still tease the same guys, we talk cock, we still have playful punches with each other. Each of us have a role in our day to day army life, that it seems so au naturel. Even down to the whinings, complains and sarcasm are still pretty much the same. The specs are still the same, we don't call each other by ranks anymore, just names.

People come and go, most of our old regulars have already been out of service or transferred somewhere else already, but the camp is still the same. And, Seletar Camp for 39th SCE is the oldest camp buildings in singapore, so things are pretty much the same. Its like pretty much like we never left, we just slipped back in time and into our Army Life like 5 years ago.

Overall, its a great ICT in my opinion. It provides me quite some insights and a break for my otherwise tired mind.

No comments: