Monday, September 07, 2009

Emotions

Just now was having another of those interesting talk with jian yang over some rather thought provoking issues...We were like going through the idea behind cause and effects and how Einstein seems to use that idea a lot as well and that we also try to use it as some sort of explanation between a relationship between 2 persons. Then he said a friend ask him this:" Is there a need to explain emotions?" JY was stunned and kept quiet...haha and when JY told me, I was like..oh..yeah..hmm...it struck me somewhere in my memory when someone told me that before as well. I would say that friend of his is very observant, or rather he hit the jackpot.

WHY? How come some of us want to explain the emotions of humans? the complexity that lies behind all our doings.Maybe its because we want to console ourselves in the sense that for every problem there is an answer for it and thats why it happen. Maybe because we want to sound knowledgeable to others. Maybe we just want to understand it better so that we will never make the same mistake as others.Or maybe its just in built in some of us because of our inquisitiveness and our thirst to explain, to make it simple for others to follow.

In my case, I am guilty of a couple of reasons there.

Habits

Someone said before that after much practice, one will be an expert at it, that it seems 2nd nature to them to be so good at it. In this sense, its consider a good habit because this habit allows us to keep going forward as well as to make us be good at some things in life. Its almost allows us to be automated, in built in us. However, sometimes unconsciously we got ourselves into certain habits that bring us and others more harm then good. In my case, maybe its that because it had already became 2nd nature to me to see her in such a way, to treat her..to have certain feelings and outbursts..even though I knw deep down, it will never work out de. Its such habits that cloud everyone's judgment as well as vision on things around them. It forces them into self-denial, even when evidence is clearly right in front of them and of course emotions doesn't help the cause as well I would say.Looks like I got to undergo the cold turkey treatment already.

No comments: