Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Facebook: New Era of Communication

Yesterday was at NUS visiting Pig. Felt a bit overwhelm by the place...haha though it aint my 1st time there. Saw some ppl graduating le as they borrow their grad clothes or smthg outside the co-op. Then I was imagining what if I am a NUS student, haha seems so stress everywhere and all...maybe cuz I went during the exam period thats why. So I was at FASS the com lab there, waiting with Pig to print her stuff and surf FB lor. I updated my status and mass-people reply me...ahaha...and one was even in NUS FASS as well!!!...haha

During the course of the 'NUS tour', Pig ask me why some people update their status and why some twit around like they want everyone in the world to know about every minute and second of their life. Given with these new technology and all, I think this is how we as humans want to reach out to everyone out there lor. Its like having your friends besides u when u exclaimed something and that everyone is able to say their views on the spot. Some media sources like to term it as the new media, and FB is such a great tool to use in some ways, like stalking people;P, looking at the good-looking(if they permit) and as well as recruitment firms or future employers to recce on their employees or potential employees as well. Entrepreneurs may even use FB to promote their products as well as use it as a form of direct communication with the public. So, FB has been integrated so much into all our lives, but I think nothing can still beat face 2 face or rather 'live' communication between people lor. Maybe FB can be used as a tool to connect with the others who we have been too busy to communicate with and as a way to pass time (FB Games such as Mousehunt)

No comments: