Thursday, October 15, 2009


Its a Story About Love...
Yesterday, went out with LY after lesson and we went to sakae and eat, bless those student meals=D...then after that went to watch this movie. (500) Days of Summer...it was recommend by my sis for being kinda artsy fartsy kind lo. And its really nice, I thoroughly enjoyed it because it sort of detailed it very well and maybe cuz the emotions one can relate easily and stuff like that. The camera takes and the style of presentation were good=). I wont really say about the whole story but there will be definitely some spoilers from me, so hope u all don't mind...haha. Like the previous post, I will be commenting on some certain parts of the show.

1) We, humans are always self-denial at 1st.
In the opening stages, when boy meets girl, he was like WOW. Then when she was indifferent to him when he is trying to get her attention, he will be like. " Oh, No she is not interested in me" or "who am i kidding? haha she likes me? yeah rite" Even when at times when the girl is kind of obvious, he will still be like"erm.....yeah we are friends". haha. I think many are guilty of that, so am I..haha.

2) We only remember the Happy times and forgot the bad times.
This was coined by the male lead's sister, ok its supposed to be a funny scene and stuff. Anws, this is very true, I think its very normal human nature to be only hear and remember the good stuff, who wants to get close to the bad things I life man? And thru all of this, it creates a false illusion for all of us and cause us to act in an unnatural way when things goes wrong.

3) We all became bitter after break-ups or due to some weird reasons.
The guy was very critical of the girl after she just suddenly left his life without saying anything much. He was like " i hate her smile, her eyes....blah blah" I think this is usually dealing with the reasons of some relationships without closure because one side never comes clean with the other after some time, after one side kept replaying all the times ( happy times oni, mind u) again and again....dunno about girls, but I think guys might be kinda stuck with that...I am a true test sample for this.

4) There is always a flipside to everything.
When someone just exits ur life, one will try to submerged oneself in other dreams or other hobbies that makes one feel happier or wad. In the show, the guy totally quit his job, cuz he is sick and tired with everything that goes with it and in the end went back to pursue his own dream of being an architect. He went back to studying his stuff and somehow also managed to meet someone new who is along the same wavelength as he is. Thats the flipside, people.

5) Somehow, there is a part that someone plays in everyone's life. Including yours.
Before the guy appears in the gal's life, she never believes in love, fate and blah blah. The guy challenged her belief in that, and even though they broke up in the end , somehow I think those words stuck with her and it allows her to meet her future husband and stuff like that. That day, I was invited to her birthday chalet, with this sentence that I pointed out. Maybe things didn't turn up well, or somehow the bond might have been lost but nonetheless, we are who we are because of all that connected with us. Some will stay by us for a long time, some just come and go, thats part and parcel of life .

6) Expectations and Reality.
I like this scene in the movie, when they split the screen into 2 and show what the guy is expecting and what is actually happening in reality. And when reality don't goes his way, he was brought down uber hard because of his expectations which was rather high, it seems. It happens to me very often, I always thought that by doing this, there will be a similar result or smthg. like if I flip a coin, it should be heads because I stick a small plasticine on the other side, but it became tails. I think with expectations, it must be coupled with a margin for error if not things are gonna be hard to accept.





No comments: