Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Emo...tion

Like I said earlier in the recent entries, the human mind keep replaying and replaying memories, images that might happened, images that I want to happen , the inevitable...its really annoying to some extent that I sometimes worry about the future too much. I think its something that is in us, I do not know whether its because of the different environments, that shaped us into today or wadsoever... But of course having said that, its human nature to be wary because like our ancestors before us, we are not like the animals out there...we only have our wits and we use our wits to overcome obstacles...emotions also defined us..and that is something that can destroy or help us. I dont advocate to be emotion-less and be totally rational, as we all know thats is damn impossible, but rather to managed it, to coax it into being our strength and not our weakness...However, emotions are like an ocean,utterly ferocious one moment and gentle the other. Which i think thats why we always hear the phrase' overflowing with emotion' as the word flowing is usually associated with liquid.

Emotions can sink us into the greatest depths by various means, like keep replaying of sad images/moments, modifying anything that others said into something negative and even in moments of silence, it will try to infiltrate your mind and whisper negative words into your mind...eventually one will experience emo-ness (haha my terms) and the long suffering ones will sink into depression...the darkest pits of the mind. However, emotions can also give us the additional boost that we all need in life, the focus on something that we want, our goals and we will stop at nothing to reach it. So , I was thinking are we at the mercy of Emotion? when will it help us? should we wait for Emotion to suddenly change from bad to good?...Or should we try to manage it? to try to use it for good..or rather to avoid being a victim of bad emotions...And thats where some methods like selective thinking will help in some sense I think...but it aint easy in doing all of that...as I think most of us are easily distracted. Another ways would be goals...so to focus on something...

Of course, there are some of u out there , whom have a really strong goal or mindset that such emotions don't really matter much to ya, and its quite true...that may be due to our genetic set-up or the environment that mould us into today. Anw, I just slot this in because I felt that I might have a little generalized people...so its a form of disclaimer=P

No comments: