Monday, May 31, 2010

On my own...

Today went to watch Ip Man 2 on my own at vivo, then after that went to kallang leisure park to check out the new mrt station lor...And boy, it is definitely one of the smallest mrt stations ever created I think O.0...then went to chill out at the coffee bean there and somemore it was raining...sia lah...emo dog sia...haha..anws below will be an excerpt that I wrote when I was there...its about an incident that happened on the way to kallang...

Just now, met a lady by the name,Patricia, who wondered how to get to Tanjong Pager from Habourfront. Since I was heading east-bound, I showed her the way and chatted with her a bit. Got to know that she is a christian and from a church somewhere in Joo Chiat. Reminds me a lot of eunice, as both of them want to intro me to their church. I think its high chance both of them are from the same church, since eunice's church also in joo chiat. In any case, patricia was going on about Jesus, that he is the true living god, and how he took upon all our sins on to himself..etc..etc. She also mentioned that after death, we have only 2 places to go to, either heaven or hell. And she said that as long as we embrace/accept God, then we will be accepted into Heaven, because our name are written on some kind of list or something( reminds me of some cartoons I used to watch when I was young). 


Does it mean that we embrace a religion so to ensure that in after life(something that is not certain), we will be able to go to heaven(ie. paradise) and not hell? To me, it sounds like the way we are going to live our life is so that we will be able to go to heaven. It sounds a bit weird to me, because firstly, its like because we care about ourselves as we want to be in heaven and thats the reason why we chose this religion. Secondly its like we will be chasing something that is not certain, and may I add, it's like not being true to oneself, sounds very much like the rat race problem that everyone is facing. 


I am not saying that all these are wrong or anything, if we think on a macro scale, it's definitely good for society as people will be compassionate and they will be more at peace with themselves. However, to me I feel that its a bit like conformity, so that we are able to attain our passports to heaven. Of course, I am sure that god has definitely helped many in their life problems and stuff and I respect people decision to be devoted to the religion...but if the main reason is just to get that passport, I think it's a bit wrong in that aspect. Confucius once said something on this to his student, " You do not even understand life, how can you understand death?". Hence, if one based his life's purpose due to something that is only obtainable in the after-life, I don't think thats a good way of living. 

I hoped that I don't sound very anti-christ or something...lolz...I know that there had been many interpretations of the bible out there in the way, and somehow one church may defer from another. As quoted in 07 Ghost, " There are many truths to something". So I think sometimes...no...usually its due to one's perceptions of things in life, so the above is just my perceptions of this topic lor...haha must put a disclaimer sia, because religion is again a very sensitive topic...hope never offend anyone or anything=)

No comments: