Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wave After Wave...

Waves...We all love waves don' we? , ever since young, I am always fascinated with the ocean...I like to run on the beach with the waves crashing in...like to lie down near the ocean and let the water pull me back and push me up again...hear the waves crashing against the sands...This is rather akin to our emotional selves as well...

For example, if you all look back at the previous entries, I was rather stressed up and had a mini breakdown last week in between my papers. The emotions( doubt, fear, uncertainty) were like waves...when the human mind keeps thinking about it, scenarios kept replaying again and again...and just like the waves, it will keep pulling us back and pushing us forward...and once the scenario aka the wave is strong enough, we will be pulled so far that , we ended up floating away from the shore. And we will be lost....far far away from our shores...

Actually I think this is also rather similar to a lot of people in the rat race or just started to work. Initially, at first, I am sure many people will wish to get promoted or hopefully attained a high salary or to have a dream, goals to achieve...As time passes, we slowly and slowly start to settle in the routine of work, the routine of waking up early, work, sleep, wake up, work and sleep...slowly but surely we ended up like waves, which have the same routine of pulling us and pushing us...Eventually, we all end up furthur and furthur away from our shores(dreams). And this is something that can so easily happen to us, because we humans like all other creatures feel the safest in the environment that we are comfortable with( or should I say, what society is comfortable with)...I can feel it as recent as just now...I work on monday (8 to 5) then tuesday( 8 to 5)....and always at the end of the day, I am always tired and want to sleep...I can feel it within myself, my lazy side was like: so routine, so easy, everyday work lah...get money...work sleep work sleep and money comes in....but my other side popped out, and was like : what are you doing? aren't you like a hamster, keep running on the wheel....in other words, I feel that there is no aim or rather reason to work...except to earn money, which is definitely true but the million dollar question is for wad?

I think I have just re-discover my aim=)

No comments: