Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Different Stages of Life

Recently, my grandpa wasn't feeling well and apparently its rather bad, with vomiting and being able to walk at all. He fell twice when he stood up according to my grandma. Initially we thought was dengue as their area has seen a surge in dengue fever...apparently it wasn't when I followed them to Dr. Koh today.

We got a wheelchair from Jo yesterday, and we use it to transport him around because he can't even have the strength to walk even 10 steps( i counted) properly. It was the first time I am pushing a wheelchair, it's also the first time that I had to help my grandpa( I wasn't as close to him as my grandma)...it felt really weird when I held his elbow...its like if I exert too much force, he would break...he felt so brittle. Needless to say, my grandma was as her strong self...she took control of the situation, she carried him, she told him exactly what to do like how she use to tell me, she scolded him when he defied her 'orders'=P...haha...I felt a bit  at a lost at the whole situation...because I don't really know how to react. All I can do was to try to be there, because I also know my dad also not as strong as before le...dunno whether he would had over-exerted if he were to lift the wheelchair by himself. It feels really strange for me to be caught in this situation...but I think there is a first time for everything bah.

Today, I burned incense paper for the first time in my life because today is the 15th and that my dad had no time to do it as he had to changed and quickly head down to get my grandpa to ttsh. I never imagine myself doing these jobs before.

Anws, we went to Dr. koh this morning and I was the one pushing the wheelchair...it felt weird for me, I wonder how he felt...Dr. Koh said that he suffered a mild stroke and that caused his right leg to be real weak and thats why he can't stand up straight and move around like normal. Dr. koh said that its rather lucky that he is able to eat and that he seem to be alright.

It just struck me that my life is about to take another turn, and that I have to handle more of such issues..and that I had to take up more responsibilities( which is something that I also shunned in the past)...things have changed, I can't forever remain in my current state anymore.

And to think, I was concerned over relationship issues not too long ago...now those things seems to be rather insignificant now...I think this is what people meant, when you are in your early twenties. "Reality is never what we had thought it out to be".

Oh...and for u peeps who are reading this, I am not sad or anything...its just something that I want to blog about..so don't have to worry about me.=)

No comments: