Saturday, September 01, 2012

Work aint so easy

Been doing some job searching the past few days. I have to say that its pretty damn demoralising. With 2nd uppers and no internship or working experience in that field, is really sucky. Thought can join the management associate programmes, only to realise that its very competitive and hard to get in. Made me realise what do I actually want to do, if I am an analyst, I wont be able to make the calls and they would need qualitative knowledge.

Actually I think feel rather ill equip for the potential interviews and the environments that I might be put into. I guess its because I have been out of action from finance for quite some time and that I am feeling like I knew next to nothing. I don't mind being a dealer though there are sales and all, but need to know the knowledge of equities market in singapore which I hadn't been in touch for quite some time.

Like what Sam says, only have one shot of using my 2nd upper, so if possible, I should get a well placed job so that I can use it as a stepping stone in the future. Or should I get an internship, which currently now most companies are not looking for. Cuz I feel that with an internship, at least it can help me make a more informed decision as well as use it as an additional work experience. Darn, really regret being damn nua

No comments: