Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Matrix

"Why are you doing this?"
"Isn't this normal? that's what everyone is doing."
"You are weird."

Imagine hearing, seeing and being physically close to such people for a year...I think there are 3 possible scenarios. Either you conform with them or you will turn mad or you choose to be yourself. I think if its for me, I might and would have already conform but then again I wouldn't know, because I wasn't tested before. And I know myself that I hate to be stuck in a routine, to be in some kind of endless run is something that I never like. So I would never know. 

I think somehow this is a problem that people may faced in their lives, be it being the extreme or just a normal situation where a friend tries to coerce one into participating in a certain event. If we look at a macro point of view, its like society is trying to force u to be part of them and somehow if u are always immersed in the world, ultimately you will start to question yourself about what is right and what is wrong. I think its these kind of situation where anyone will definitely lose it...and start to wonder around what is truly right in these world...

I have to say that I have been thru these situations though it might be in the extreme point of view. I had a rather negative view as well as a rather fixed mindset and that if I don't do this way, then I am way abnormal in this society. And I thought that if people don't react in a certain manner, then they themselves are not reacting to my so called "socially correct ways". As you can see, the problem of trying to force someone into ur ideal world and as well as others doing the same....its actually very part of human nature. 

I think what made people stands out, is doing and believing in what you believe in, ur personal ideals and principals of life.You can say that this person is stubborn, anti-social or weird. But, I think its important to stand your ground...because I think it defines who you are.Of course, I think its really near impossible if everyone surrounding u are all saying that you are wrong or anything. 

Maybe I am the kind of person who have a slight tenancy to go against the flow, or rather if there is sufficient reasons to. Thats why I feel that one should always believe in themselves. In the past, I didn't and it sort of made me feel real helpless and useless at times. Having said that, I think it all comes down to one's resolve and strength. And how we achieve that varies from people to people.=)

No comments: