Friday, May 06, 2011


Trekking
As I keep trudging through the dense vegetation, I spotted a nice spot near the river. Decided to take a break and refresh myself, as I was drinking the fresh river water from above the mountains. I lay back and admire the clear blue skies and natural scenery around me. As I breathe in the cool air, I started to laze and fall in a slumber. Had a nice dream and all. When I woke up, I saw the dark clouds behind me with flashes of lightning. Only did I realised that I am in prime spot for a lightning strike as well as I am surrounded by flat plains.

And then reality hit me. I was trying to survive, I had to reach a particular checkpoint so that I can carry on to my next phase. I shouldn't have stopped, I start to run towards higher ground, in fear of a flash flood, I tripped and the rain started to drizzle. I need to get out of the plains...no questions or looking back...I can feel the cold wind picking up...now life is gonna be difficult.

No comments: