Sunday, June 05, 2011

Dramas and Reality

Alrighty. here is another post for you peeps...haha. Just completed Secret Garden( korean drama) today.=) Its really not bad, quite a ride lo...Funny, then Sad and Funny again eventually kind of a happy ending. So its not bad at all. Koreans are really the king of romance and dramatic shows sia, always extreme de...lolz.


Was just thinking about the correlation between dramas and reality. Because, well there had been people that commented that dramas don't really reflect reality, because how many times will you actually see a rich kid getting along with a poor person and stuff like that. Well, to me I think drama though shows the extreme scenarios of life but the underlying emotions and scenes kind of depicts reality as well. But of course, it could be the dramas that causes society to react in such a manner as well or the other way round. Haha...its just another chicken and egg question=P

I know of friends' lives that had always been dramatic, ever since I knew them, its just somehow seems that they are always in some kind of a drama, be it are they the lead or the supporting casts. In my own life, i also seems to have some kind of drama as well in the past. And maybe thats why I can relate a lot to such shows, well, it might be due to the same feelings that I had as well. But, such pure and innocent emotions yet destructive and all, can they survive in this world? Is the world a kind of society that is reflected in the drama? Where somehow the cast can totally focus on a relationship and don't bother about any other commitments in life? Maybe. Maybe not.

In my case, I don't really know whether its a first love thingy or not, but those feelings like giving up everything for a person,thinking abt tht someone is happy and well, putting her first before everything else, protecting her even at the expense of myself etc etc, I have been through it...is that true love? Maybe it is...its pretty amazing sometimes when i think back, and thought that..wow..I am like that male lead..and yet I don't really watch romance shows in the past...cool that I even went through all that. haha. Now while typing all of this, I can somehow feel those feelings bit by bit, the happy n the sad bits. I think such shows always bring the past up hur...haha...but now its different.

Because of my stand n perception are different as compared to then. I can connect with such feelings again but I can't feel the strength in them now. Unlike the dramas normally, I don't really have an ending that I had hoped. However, because of this "drama", my life changed drastically, and it allowed me to meet so many people that I would have not met and discover. Angels like a particular animal, my good old army mates, secondary school mates that I don't really communicate much and many other individuals who had listened to me in some way or another. Gomawo~

2 comments:

min said...

oh i'm an angel? :D

Eugene said...

you know...you are not the only fren tht i knw whom is also an animal leh..haha