Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Reality Check-ed

Just recently, MM Lee's wife just passed away on last saturday, around evening time. I am sure many of you have heard about it. It seems that this is the year where many of Singapore Founders have left us. I am sure that MM Lee will soon to as well...no one is immortal, no matter how great or how influential they are. Regardless how much we always complain about the old guard being slightly authoritarian and very restrictive about our rights and stuff like that, we cannot deny their contributions to this country. I think it is pretty much like our relationship like parents and children. Children will always complain and in some sense, dislike their parents for controlling and stuff like that. But once parents left them, then we began to feel sad, insecure and then realised that actually they ain't that bad that we had thought they were initially were. I think some of us will call this as "fan jian"...lol...

Me, being like the children, starts to be a bit concerned about singapore's future, for it means a new step into the unknown, the era where we have no MM Lee to rely upon. Of course, I am sure that our system that we had created is one that is suppose to be working without him. But that definitely does not erase the feeling of the "what ifs"...lol...I am not being pessimistic about singapore future, in fact I am rather bullish about it...its just maybe that the confidence will be weaken a bit or maybe should I put it that its about time our generation is going to take over?

I tend to be rather skeptical about things, so I am not sure whether we are zai enough to carry on...lolz..but I know a many of my peers whom I see as potential leaders in the future, be it in the private or public sectors. haha.....Have a slight sense of wanting to contribute to society creeping up in my mind...haha...and No, I dont see myself in politics, definitely not with my kind of character. Hmm...maybe more of I want to achieve something and as what we have seen, time is passing, no one is indefinite...

Recently, I have this feeling of " I want to show the world that I can be somebody", wonder whether its because of youth or because of being prideful...haha...sounds a bit crazy right? well hopefully this can spur me in studies as well as my quest about financial stuffs as well. I do know myself that I am very easily distracted in life...so we shall see...haha.

No comments: