Sunday, February 12, 2012

World's Problems

Been sometime since I last blog, so here I go again..haha. This morning was otw back from RT at Maju, yes I knw ....I fail again..haha. Anws, was reading news all the way back home. Read about the civil war in Syria, Egypt still in a state of anarchy, Whitney Houston dead, civil servants caught up in online vice syndicates,austerity riots in greece etc etc. Pretty fucked up world hur...in all corners of the world, there is something ridiculous happening. What a start to the year sia.

I guess humans, the successful product of evolution, all contribute in one way or another, to this current mess that we are all in. The desire to be free lead to the Arab Spring, the very oppression by former dictators lead to that in-suppressible desire to be free...people won. But, in the end, only for lives to continue to lose and themselves stuck in a stalemate with current government being as oppressive as the previous. The initial grand idea of being liberalised have left them stuck in oppression again and most of the economy and infrastructure in tatters. But I guess thats how fall in dicatatorship works, the country citizens just have to work out their problems, and that means one has to go thru a possible violent age. However, eventually there will be stability but whether their leader will be one that starts a revolution or just become another dictator remains to be seem. No intervention from any foreign powers will help, because it may seem as a culture invasion from foreigners. Though I feel that the UN should have stepped in and protect the innocents but without interfering with the democratic process.

Thinking back, SG was really lucky to not have to go thru a prolong violent age except with the labour unions strike as well as armed attacks by terrorists. Call it luck or whatsoever,and coupled with pretty gutsy politicians/statesmen we have, we survive that stage and jumped into the peaceful age that we are at now.



Chanced upon this video while searching for davichi other songs, also sang by davichi but for a documentary by KBS on celebrities doing charity work. Instead of seeing it with a skeptic's eye, lets see the world has what it is. Its pretty heart wrenching seeing how other humans are out there suffering. And then when you think of your problems, and one will go like" Dafuq am I emo abt?". Its kinda put things in some sort of a perspective sia...Especially kids, to me, no kid should ever go through such pain and sadness in life. They deserve more then that. A point to note is that..I have to be honest here..though I care for their cause, but I dont think I am able to like head on there and do any work or someting...think I havent reach that point yet. Thats why I admired those people that actually goes to such places and help these people.So yeap. Just something to point out.

No comments: