Monday, February 28, 2011

Mr Past

I have exactly maximum 30 minutes to spend dwelling here. Need to get back to my unemployment notes..not bad considering I am one under the natural unemployment group.

Just read jianyang's note on satisfaction, actually the basis was based about a topic that I had with him last friday. Although it had expanded into something pretty far from what we had discuss about. However its along the same line.

I won't be discussing about the note here, it wasn't what I wanted to blog about. Its just a catalyst for me to start blogging for some reason. Initially, I wanted to blog about dreams..and stuff..I realised that I had a few entries on those le. There's a reason for the google search button on my blog lo=P.

So..lets talk about the past. I think I had a post about past or something...hopefully it wont be the same thing that  I will be discussing about...lolz...Anyways, in recent times, somehow the past had caught up with me. Reaching out with his skeletal hands, grabbing my shirt as I tried to move forward. Sometimes, we as humans, we have this in built thing in our system which make us remember certain things so that in the future, we would react accordingly to a similar event. Of course, its not a necessary a BAD thing, it enables us to make the correct decisions in the future. HOWEVER, like everything in life, it is a double-edged sword.

There had been a couple of quotes about the past that I had seen. Most commonly, its about not letting the past hold you back and that looking forward is the way to go in life. I propose a better way of seeing it. To Accept the Past as an Equal.

Why? because even if we keep looking forward, no matter how much we avoid certain incidents to happen, the probability is still there. The probability that the old past will catch up with you, the past as never ever left us, it's like a shadow forever behind us, but we cannot see it..some may even forgotten about it. One day,he will show himself yet again. But, if we learnt to accept it, to accept that the past had happened and it will always be with us in one way or another, I feel that come what may in the future, we can handle things better and that we can proudly hold our heads high and face Future with a confident face.

I am also in the process of accepting my past as my equal, it doesn't mean I got to suppress him as a subordinate. But I have to ready myself for the occasion fights that I would have with him. Its all part of the process of accepting each other. I think I acknowledge certain anchors that Mr. Past had embedded in me, and now I think I can identify some of them and that its time for me to pull these anchors out. Of course, not all these "bad" anchors can be pull out immediately, but I will try. For myself and for the people around me and for Mr Past himself.=)

Left 2 minutes le...back to unemployment...and for those who are fortunate to read this entry, Have you accept your past yet?=)



No comments: