Friday, March 29, 2013

Cafe Hopping

Today went out with GK and Boon for some cafe hopping, its pretty crazy and due to my lack of sleep, I am a bit cranky and all. However, the highlight to me was just a few minutes ago when GK thanked me for reminding him on what he wants in a relationship and not just wanting one. I told him why I am still in a way hanging out with adeline and still being nice to her and stuff, and why I am trying to see if communication is possible. I am fully aware of the possibility that we might not be together though I am not saying that we can never possibly be together. So, I told him that unless she is able to fulfil my requirements of a partner, I don't think I will ever be with her. I repeated what JO and maine said to me about knowing what you want from a partner. I showed him the idea of " It takes 2 hands to clap" , I explained the rationale why me and zhenni won't be together...well at least for now. Don't know about the future.

I shared with GK what I learnt from my time with adeline, about the whole idea of a relationship and the intricacies of it. I told him that I know I really like her but now it is apparent to me, that unless she is willing to put her share into believing in a future with me, I will not get along with her. Its nice to hear  that he understands where I am coming from, and He told me that recently he is considering of going after a few girls. However, deep down inside, He felt that there is some kind of barrier and the intuition that both of them won't be able to work it out. He says maybe he haven't meet the right person. I nodded in agreement, I told him that I don't really know whether adeline is the one because for all I know, it might be someone else. So to GK, I said that I believe that we will be able to meet that someone who is a good fit for us and like what his friend says, its won't be difficult to like that person and do things for them de.

Its really pretty heartening to know that I am able to help GK find his inner peace and that he don't feel clouded by his anxiety to be in a relationship le.

During the cafe hopping period, I kept asking them about how will they see themselves in 5 years time. Along the way back with GK, I was telling him that I want to at least be able to pat myself in 5 years time and says" Eugene,not bad...maybe you are not where you want to be, but there have been significant improvements". Now turning 25, I looked back at what I envisioned myself when I was 20. I felt that I couldn't really do that, I am not saying that I am not happy with where I am now..but I felt that it could have been better. I could have left iras 2 years back, passed my cfa and done more investments. Thats my motivation in moving forward, everyday is towards a destination where I can say" Well done, Eugene...well done". I also said that I am glad that I broke up with adeline, because this broke up made me see that I had been so preoccupied with the relationship that my life was on hold for so long. A relationship should never ever make one stop living, rather it should propel one even further in life. So, again I am thankful that it happened.

To end it off, Positive and Sincere feelings will always light up the best possible path.

No comments: