Monday, May 20, 2013

Of Bells,Bridge and a Road

Just an excerpt,an Image that is being formed in my mind so to enclose all my feelings that I have, I don't want to revisit certain things for I felt that I dwelt too long in them already...And I think friends are getting irritated by it.

As I closed my eyes, the bells from the nearby church tolls overhead, the wind caressing my cheeks as she blew ever slowly. The coldness from the stone bridge touches my skin. Places still remind me of you, too many places have we gone together. For now what is left are just emotions, the memories of us is fading. Regrets are also slowly slipping away, what is left now, I know not. Neither do I care for. You will still remain I know, but maybe nothing more than a blot of ink and a couple of words on a paper called " My Life". What installs for the future, you may ask? I have no answer. All I know is that I am here now, where I was led to by events that came my way. 

Taking a deep breath of the Sicilly River, I opened my eyes. I never lament for meeting you, for all the hurt that I went through, I gained a lot back in return as well. Sometimes loving someone, being the ideal kind, will never get you the love you wanted. I do not questioned logic or questioned god anymore. What is there to question? For the heart is not something that is ruled by logic and sense. I am no Saint, neither I am some ultra good guy that people like to make of me. I am just human like everyone else, its just that I feel that some things have to be done in some way for I feel that its for the best. 

As I exhale and looked at the reflection of me in the slow river, time is moving, my environment have changed. I am back out of my comfort zone again, life challenges me once again with a taunt. I wonder whether the person in the river is really me? The me that I wanted to be, the me where I am now, the me that I believed I have to be. The dissatisfaction with life stems from these roots.

Suddenly, a bird swooped down for his meal, and the person became disfigured by the disturbance. Its all an illusion. The person in front is never someone that I had expected or thought of, that someone is there as a result of disturbance and events. And that person will never be there unless I had looked down into the river. Its a matter of choices and inner strength, to hope and finally to believe. Believe in myself, that I will enjoy the image that I see.

Looking up with a smile, and with the rising sun, the bird flying off into the horizon. Its the start of something, and today will be another day where wonderful things will happen. With that, I trudged off the bridge and onto the Road. Whence it will lead me, I do not know. For life is about being a wanderer, and wherein I find my home to settle, I will know it in due time. For now, its off, off on a journey..to where they ask? To wherever I will have to be. 

No comments: