Sunday, May 12, 2013

On the road to rediscovery

The darkness is not yet totally lifted from my world. However, the light is beginning to filter in. Its really funny sometimes how things turn out. I wonder is it really like what the SECRET says. Its like when one can let go of something, will there be space for another thing to take up its place. 

I have not been sending out resumes for the past 3 weeks. I just go for interviews when I got shortlisted by agents and a friend's referral. I decided to take a total break from everything, from her, from job search and friends that I don't really want to meet up. I just let time flows, I played games, I sleep, I ran, I meditate and I read. I chat with friends, like Cat, always nice to talk to her. I don't communicate with zhenni much because I am afraid that I just want her to fill up the void left by adeline. Similarly, with eva. 

Amazingly, I got a job at BNP Paribas wealth management operations side, but its only for a 6 months contract. So, hopefully, I can build up on that. And yes, finally I am leaving IRAS. Its something that I didn't expect it as well, because it all happen so fast. And to think that interview was something that I never really prepare for, since the agent called me like the day before the interview. This tuesday will be my last day at IRAS, its still feel a little weird. Since its like my home for 4 years already, and I had made many friends along the way. I won't say that I will be back at IRAS in the future, but you never know, will you?

And somehow, I do believe that amazing things happen when we wake up in the morning believing that wonderful things will happen to you. For example, Wednesday I got a offer. Thursday, I signed the contract. Friday, I managed to bump into Yiping for during lunch, and managed to talk to her/catch up with her. Saturday, I am lucky to get an uniqlo shirt on sale. Xian Ming , my buddy in Army turn up for lunch. And for some weird reason, the cashier at Caltex chatted with me. Its not always that people talk to you. So its nice. Today, bumped into Sam and Pat, which was pretty nice as well. 

Throughout this period, I learnt a lot about letting things go as well as being in control all the time. Like I want things to turn out in a certain manner. I am sure those are some of the things that cause my relationship with Adeline to deteriorate in the past. Its only when we broke up, then I was able to be myself and she is able to be more happier around me. However, by then, its already too late. Well, but that's that. Maybe just like my job search, once I do not crave to be with someone will I be able to find someone again. Just like a year ago. 

Time flies, Eras change, Nothing is ever constant. Sir Alex Ferguson, the only Manchester United Manager that I ever known is retiring. I knew he will have to stop one day, but still to not see him at Old Trafford, will take some getting used to. There is a tinge of regret that I can never watch a match at Old Trafford with SAF in the dugout. In my heart, he will forever be the greatest manager in Manchester United. And I can see myself telling my sons and grandsons about him. Haha...

This wednesday going to JB with Cat, can't wait though...sure going to eat some stuffs and maybe do a little crazy things there...ahaha...Feel like just enjoying myself this week before starting work at BNP next monday. 

No comments: