Saturday, April 30, 2011

Political Rants

Actually I want to rant and goes on about how the political situation surrounding me, its beginning to irritate me a lot. Because I see that people are beginning to throw their subjective opinions on others, flaming on the net, the emotions that are so strongly used in their explanations on why this party is better, why it ain't? However, after reading a post by sam just now, I don't feel so much negative feelings le....so I can't really rant about it le. haha...but I was really pissed yesterday. I was pissed because I see friends who I have known half a decade, resorted to say things which I felt wasn't justified. It will be nice if there is a particular system where we can keep and nominate good ministers rather than oust them because of the mistakes as a party on the whole. However, sad to note, this is what it means being in the majority system of the democratic world. Its like army, where one mistake hurt the entire platoon. Its a bitter pill to swallow. I totally disagree with the GRC method, its a defensive method by PAP but at the same time, its a potential shot in the foot, as proven by aljunied GRC. To lose george yeo, will be a negative. But then again, there might be new potential candidates that will step up, so it might be a good thing.

Anws, this fiasco over choosing leaders and stuff based on trivial things n looking at a party that seriously made a huge mistake in disregarding my generation opinions, its like Microsoft only noticing that Apple is taking over their world now. It further strengthen my beliefs. I fear that a government that is chosen by the people is not based on credentials but due to subjective opinions. Hence, I must make it big. I got to create a wealth size enough for me to rely on, regardless on what kind of government that may be formed in the future. I never ever believe that one's survival must be dependent on others or a collective group. To me, its depends on my side, on my family and thats all it matters. Looking on the fiasco and other places in the world as an observer, I realise that youth is a great tool for change, the power of people is really strong. At the same time, seeing irrationalities and subjective opinions being used as political ammunitions, it really makes me feel that unfortunately there are negative effects to such movements, that though normal, but I don't want to get caught in a negative position. Like a netizen that puts it rationally, politics are divisive in nature. And to me, thats too much for me to bear, I never like to see conflicts, especially if its based on ideologies, different life paths, because although its normal but to see the division in man, really takes the heart out of me. I will never choose politics as a career that I want to carve even if its come knocking at my door, I don't have the courage and strength to hold so strongly to a particular ideology. If you ask me what kind of party I am supporting, I don't have any particular. I just want a stable government that makes the right and necessary decisions when things goes wrong. period. There are a lot of things I can branched into but I feel that it will be too long an essay, because I will use history, human behaviors and economics. So i shall end here.

No comments: