Sunday, April 03, 2011

Chill Out Session

To kick off April with a bang, yesterday was a rather fun day to begin with. Tried to complete Options tutorial quickly, eventually took an awful lot of time of completing it due to 3 questions that I never do the previous time. Gosh..everytime do CF tutorial, seriously take up a lot of time. Hopefully will be able to complete my tutorials on time so to proceed to the next level.

Went to give ren and ben a surprise at gardens...haha..actually I suppose to meet TH for a chill out session then I knew ren they all are there so just pop by to chat with them lo. Then after that went to meet TH, so we were just chilling out at a pub near his house watching soccer matches. So, I was just talking with him about things that happened so far in my life and we talked about careers and our future. It just struck me that actually a lot of us, seriously don't really know what we wanna do with our lives. Eventually, all of us just know one thing...ability to earn lots of money. Well, its not a bad decision actually considering money is one of the most important commodity ever created.

Sometimes, I wonder is it our society that embedded in all of us a certain procedure in life where we had to be at certain stages at a certain age of our life. I am not saying its wrong or anything, but we ended up pressuring ourselves to be someone that maybe we aren't or not yet ready to be at a certain stage. In the past, I always emphasized on the need to have a goal or an aim in life, because that will definitely spur us on and achieve what we want. However, the problem facing a lot of people(including me) is that what is one's aim? to be a mafia leader? a vet? slacker? CEO of a company? I feel that its not really that we don't know what we want but rather we have so many choices to choose, which forces a lot of us to rethink our initial choices. Oh..and I haven't add in the factor of social pressures. I know a primary school friend who wanted to be a construction engineer, to design construction vehicles since young and then now he is a NS regular. I am not saying that one should follow their primary school dreams..gosh...we were so naive last time to even really consider a job/goal/ profession correctly. But, what I want to highlight was that the change in our decisions. At least my friend knew what he wanted. Many like us still are at cross roads after cross roads. Personally, I don't think its a sin to NOT know what you want but maybe have some short term goals instead and when the time comes to cross the bridge, then decide lo.

For me, I am almost 90% sure which industry I want to go to. However, whether I am able to get into or which area will I end up at, I seriously also don't know. But I have some sort of plan that I had set within this year, so we shall see about it. Then after that, we were talking about why its alright to for girls to not bother much about careers and for men to be more stress by it. No offense here, I am not being sexist as well but most women have the option which in some ways seem as a short-cut that they can rely on the men as bread-winners to support the family and themselves. Whereas men? well we don't really have much choice, do we? we just have to support our family. Of course, nowadays both sexes are equally career driven and stuff..but what I want to highlight here is that, ceteris paribus, women have a back door out. So felt rather weird that we were talking about careers then HDB and wedding costs..lolz...Then we were talking about grad trips and stuff, then of course if got moolah, it wont be a problem lo...unfortunately for me, it seems a bit impossible to go to the road trip with ren and ben le...because I think I need a good 1.5k min to go=(...which unfortunately it will be a significant drain from my savings....emo nemo sia...should have work more during last year holidays and spend lesser.

No comments: