Monday, June 05, 2006

Making a difference...

Yesterday went to whampoa for my last day at project sphere, and we were suppose to bring the old folks out for a trip around the lim chu kang area....namely a goat farm, fish farm and a farmers market...

So at about 8.30am, I set out for whampoa, and upon reaching there we were task to so-called "wake" up our 'family' for the day...went with michelle to see whether her's has already woken up...luckily for her or unlucky for them...lol....they were attending their relative's wedding, so they last minute couldnt make it. After that, I went to look for my 'family' found out that they were already asssembled at the assembly area liao. However, after a lot of confusion and lots of unexpected stuffs, I kenna switch 'family' lor, in the end, I got paired up with a malay couple...and I was like....oh shit(shaking heads)...

But overall, i sort of discover myself in a lot of ways...the inability to communicate in the same language can be sort of a hinder but just the pure sincererity and wearing no 'mask' can make the other party understand u too... Luckily , the woman in malay knows a little english so can communicate with her...actually both the couple have difficulty moving around and not many people talk with them...well maybe they always give that sort of stern look...i have to also admit that i also never really totally commit my time to them...but after being with them for half a day, they sort of loosen out to me lor...actually they are very nice people though they dont really talk to much...still remember at the end of the day, when I send them back home, they also invited me into their house...thats the 1st time that I have entered a Malay's home on my own that is...and that sort of feeling is indescribable(hope i spell correctly:P)...when I see the look on their face...it makes me think that I have definitely made their day today....really

Around the end of the day, I also chat along with soks and lewis 'family', I found out that the auntie is a very active member in the neighbourhood when she showed us her photos though her husband seems very quiet but his smile is very nice...seriously...as if it is from his heart like that...I chatted with the auntie for like about 2 hrs lor...lol...dont know how i am able to talk with her for so long...lol...maybe coz i am like them( so old)...lol I am only 81 lor...haha...talk to her about amlost everything lor..from studies to IR...tried to get her to talk about her family..but she seems rather closed on that subject, so I also dont really bothered to go deeper...she says that I am rather handsome and tall...hahahahaha...she really know how to praise people...lol...haha and she also says that I know how to listen to old people...but i think i everybody also can listen....cept dont call me at some ungodly hour lor...lol...actually if people needs to talk to me, I will always be there to listen lor...cause i feel that in every story, there is something to learn...for me that is lah...lol...if i had encounter similar situation, i will give a bit of advice lor...but rarely coz i knw tht advice does not work for every person...the person must learn himself...sounds damn cheem rite...haha

Also, chatted with a old man called Mr Andy Lau...and no its the Andy lau you are thinking of..haha and I must say he is a rather interesting old man though it seems that he has a very sad background which he doesnt really like to talk about it...he can really train animals and breed them as well...apparently his parrot at home is very the pro. lor...lol....but he seems like someone that closed himself very easily, maybe because of his past whereby he was cheated by his fellow parther in business cause of his partner's gambling habit...

Lastly, got this middle aged couple whom kept on complaining a lot lah...from the food to the places...stupid idiots...as if we are some kind of tour agency like that..a lot of the residents that went there were already rather contented and they would like to have some kind of High tea....in some posh place...I say ah...in this world...got a lot of rather weird people...from another perspective, maybe they got a reason for doing so...how will I know??...

Overall, this trip has been really a bit self-discovering for me and once in awhile go out with old folks can give one a different look of life...well who says CIP sucks lor...lol...so far it has been rather gr8 for me for all the CIP that I have joined in...though my hours is small compared to others...but I think compared to some, I have benefited more=)

No comments: