Friday, March 18, 2011

Safe haven

Just read finish Safe haven by Nicholas Sparks. Its a love novel like most of his books. Of course not too emo lah this read, unlike the notebook...that was SERIOUSLY emo max...and I mean REALLY emo max. I think its main theme for this book is about domestic violence and stuff.

I am seriously appalled by the thought of husbands beating wives and forcing them to do things and eventually, the women in order to survive, just do it. I just can't understand it at all, must we as guys use violence and control over someone we love?...it just absolutely boggles my mind. There were moments where I thought that I couldn't finish the book because it just seems so sad. So I just glanced through all the descriptive portions of the violence.

Sometimes I hear stories from people and I hear what sometimes boyfriends or girlfriends get their partner to do for them...its just seem totally wrong. If things are on rocks, isn't one suppose to be trying ways to patch things up? So why is the person making things even worse by forcing stuffs that you want to do on others. Maybe from a rational observer like me can say this, but once if one is in the dynamics of the situation....it might be a different ball-game altogether.

Ah...chincha..even if I put myself in that kind of situation, I can't really see myself doing that to any woman...seriously, it absolutely boggles me. In any case, I hope that the girls out there in this world would learn how to take good care of themselves.

I kinda like this quote from the book: "Love doesn't mean anything if you are not willing to make a commitment." well said=)

No comments: